Skip to main content

Full text of "2016 North Hollywood BID Security emails, City of LA Emails from February and March 2017"

See other formats

RE:  Fwd:  Utility  boxe  Weddington/lankershim

Subject:  RE:  Fwd:  Utility  boxe  Weddington/lankershim
From:  <aaron@urbanplaceconsulting.com>

Date:  02/15/2017  05:28  PM

To:  "Jackie  Keene"  <jackie.keene@lacity.org>

CC:  "Sahag  Yedalian"  <sahag. yedalian@lacity.org>

Sounds  good.

Original  Message

From:  Jackie  Keene  cjackie. keene@lacitv.org  >

Date:  Wed,  February  15,  2017  4:50  pm

To:  aaron(S>u rbanplaceconsultinq.com

Cc:  Sahag  Yedalian  <sahaq.yedalian(S>lacitv.orq>

Thanks  Aaron,

Today  we  walked  and  distributed  to  the  businesses  on  Lankershim  b/t  Magnolia  and
Chandler  so

they've  already  got  the  flyers.  If  your  crew  can  do  south  of  Magnolia,  that  would  be  big
help.

.,.j  Jackie  Keene

LA  City  Councilmember  Paul  Krekorian,  District  2

Office:  818.755.7676

www.paulkrekorian.org

r http://youtube.com/user/paulkrekorian.

On  Wed,  Feb  15,  2017  at  2:07  PM,  <aaron(9>urbanplaceconsultinq.conn>  wrote:

Thanks.  I'll  let  you  know  when  we  submit  the  arts  activation  grant  and  agree  sooner
the  better.

On  the  flyers,  I copied  off  a bunch  yesterday  and  our  ambassadors  are  about  to  begin
hand  delivering  along  Lankershim  to  each  business.  We  weren't  planning  to  pass  them
out  below  Magnolia  on  Lankershim  (down  to  Camarillo),  but  I'll  get  them  to  do  that.

And  I agree  they  should  be  included,  Camarillo  is  a good  boundary  line  for  lots  of
reasons.  I also,  sent  Nancy's  contact  info  to  the  Great  Street  consultant's  (MIG  I think)
to  contact  her  about  posting  event  on  nohoartsdistrict.com.

Thanks,

Aaron

1 of  4

04/21/2017  07:35  AM

RE:  Fwd:  Utility  boxe  Weddington/lankershim

Aaron  Aulenta
NoHo  BID

aaron(a>urbanplaceconsultinq.com

Original  Message

From:  Jackie  Keene  cjackie. keene@lacitv.org  >

Date:  Wed,  February  15,  2017  1:48  pm

To:  aaron(a>u rbanplaceconsultinq.com

Cc:  Sahag  Yedalian  <sahaq.yedalian(S>lacitv.orq>

Ok,  I will  put  in  request  for  another  support  letter  so  you  can  submit  with
request,  let  me  know

as  soon  as  you  submit  so  I can  flag  it  with  Cultural  Affairs  Dept.  Sooner  it  is
submitted,  the  better  so  programming

can  be  done  ahead  of  time  and  publicity/outreach  coordinated.

This  year,  we  want  to  be  sure  that  some  of  the  $$  from  the  grant  is  used  for
publicity  - some  type  of  banner  or  posting  so  community  can  see
the  calendar  of  upcoming  events,  times,  locations  at  the  Plaza.

Also,  you  mentioned  at  BID  meeting  that  you  might  be  able  to  help  with
outreach  for  the  upcoming  Lankershim  community  workshop  on
Feb.  22.  This  is  the  Mayor's  Great  Street  initiative  and  I really  want  the
business  suggestions,  comments,  etc.

at  the  front  end.  We  are  having  staff  walk  and  distribute  flyers  from  Magnolia

north  to  Victory  today,  but  could  use  help  getting  the  businesses

invited  on  Lankershim  from  Magnolia  south  to  Camarillo  (I  really  want  their

input  because  as  it  stands  now,  they  are  not  included

in  the  Great  Street  section  and  should  be)  Do  you  have  a list  of  all  the

businesses  on  that  stretch  and  contact  info?  We  are

also  happy  to  call  them  and  personally  invite,  or  send  e-mails,  but  I don't

seem  to  have  a list  of  all  the  businesses.

Here  is  the  Flyer  PDF.  Let  me  know  what  you  are  able  to  do. ..thanks!

^ FLYER_Lankershim_OpenHouse_English_020117.pdf

,.j  Jackie  Keene

LA  City  Councilmember  Paul  Krekorian,  District  2

Office:  818.755.7676

www.paulkrekorian.org

r.

http://youtube.com/user/paulkrekorian.

2 of  4

04/21/2017  07:35  AM

RE:  Fwd:  Utility  boxe  Weddington/lankershim

On  Mon,  Feb  13,  2017  at  12:44  PM,  <aaron@urbanplaceconsultinq.com>

wrote:

Hi  Jackie,

Working  on  all  three.

On  the  shade  sails,  I'm  also  going  to  look  into  the  retractable  type.

I don't  have  a picture  offhand  of  the  example  I'm  thinking  of,  but  will  send
when  I'm  able  to  snap  one.

The  retractable  type  might  make  more  sense  as  the  space  can  be  colder
during  the  late  fall/winter  and  very  hot  in  the  summer.

See  attached  for  the  letter  of  support  your  office  submitted  last  time
around.

Thanks,

Aaron

Original  Message

Subject:  Fwd:  Utility  boxe  Weddington/lankershim
From:  Jackie  Keene  <jackie. keene@lacity.org>

Date:  Mon,  February  13,  2017  10:09  am

To:  aaron@urbanplaceconsultinq.com

HI  Aaron,

Happy  Monday,
three  things:

Below  is  photo  of  the  utility  box  that  needs  attention  at
Weddington/Lankershim.  It  looks  like  someone  tried
to  remove  the  graffiti,  but  it  smeared  instead.  Can  you  contact
artist  to  touch  up?

Also,  there  are  some  great  products  and  reasonable  rates  for
commercial  shade  products  on  Amazon,  and  also  Home
Depot  has  a section  on  shade  canopies. Let  me  know  what  you
come

up  with  for  an  estimate,  and  I will  see  if  we  can  help  cover  cost  of
product  if  it  is  reasonable,  but  we  should  start  now  for  summer.

3 of  4

04/21/2017  07:35  AM

RE:  Fwd:  Utility  boxe  Weddington/lankershim

You  also  mentioned  you  are  working  on  an  application  for  the  Arts

Activation  Fund  for  summer  programming  at  the

NoHo  Plaza.  If  you  provide  me  the  information  and  some  draft

language  for  support  letter,  we  can  have  the  CM

prepare  one  for  your  application.

Best,

0 Jackie  Keene

LA  City  Councilmember  Paul  Krekorian,  District  2

Office:  818.755.7676

www.paulkrekorian.org

http://voutube.com/user/paulkrekorian.

4 of  4